31 May 2014

Cover up

I wanted a cover up to wear to and from the pool. I wanted it to be a wrap and cover the shoulders.

 I sketched my idea. (My sister is the artist in the family, but this made me smile every time I saw it while working on the project.)










The final product.



















 I thought this pattern would be well suited to cutting on the bias, but the fabric didn't drape as nicely as I expected. I made some mid-stream alterations and got a bit happy with the roller cutter. It ended up too short. I was ready to call it a wadder, but reversed the wrap over the front and it looked much better.

Below is the prototype (polyester). I wasn't intending to finish it at all, but liked it as I was working on it. I feel it's much more successful than the final product. I'll likely wear it at home.

t





No comments: